For the month of August, we will be releasing a weekly coloring card — every Thursday! It’s a great way to keep the fun of summer alive, one coloring template at a time. From swaying seahorses (template #1) to scuttling crabs (come back next week to find out!), each template can be transformed into whatever your little one wants.
The “August Coloring Cards” series is designed to be greeting, thank you, birthday (etc!) cards, so we recommend that you first print the template on regular paper – and then print all your cards on cardstock paper. Use 4 3/4 inch x 5 3/4 inch quarter-fold envelopes (in different colors) for snazzy colors, to complement the colored cards.
Or, perhaps use your child’s creativity and imagination to create alternatives to coloring cards. Some ideas we came up with with Gill McBarnet‘s grandson are the following: An illustration can be put in a 5 inch x 7 inch picture frame – or you can cut out the sea creatures and glue popsicle sticks to the back to make paper puppets. Finger puppets are a great way to tell stories about the sea horses, crabs, octopus or dolphins! If you have any other ideas, we’d love to hear them in the comments section below!
… And now for the easy peasy steps to make the Colorful Greeting Cards with your little ones!
- Visit our COLOR & SHARE page to download and print out your template (and sea creature!) of choice.
- Cut along the horizontal line to create two cards, then fold each of the two cards (after folding on line, trim where needed!)
- Have your little one color in the sea creature.
- On the back of the card, have your little artist sign his/her name on the dotted line below “Made By”.
- Don’t forget to add your message on the inside of the card.
Have fun! And don’t forget to tag us on social media (#HCBcoloringcards) or send a picture of your beautiful coloring cards to email@example.com … See you next week for the release of the next coloring card!